Saturday, October 24, 2009

Yola's Cafe


It took me longer than it should have to try out Yola’s seeing as I live 5 blocks away, but damn am I glad I did! Somehow New York, the city that has everything, manages to be almost entirely devoid of good Mexican food.
With my discovery of Yola’s though, my search for a decent Mexican was finally over. I ordered the Carne soft taco (3.00) which came loaded with guacamole, onions, and cilantro.

The guacamole was creamy and fresh, and the steak was incredibly tender. I was hoping the seasoning on it would be stronger-but this was quickly remedied by a dash of both the red and green salsas, which were smoky tasting and amazing! My friend ordered the carne enchilada hard taco(3.00)-which was a spicier, saltier version of what I got and came with sour cream and cheese.

I loved the meat, but missed the guacamole, which only comes with the soft tacos. Still hungry- we decided to order another round. We both opted for the carnita soft taco this time, which was equally as amazing as the carne.

The meat was slow cooked and again, incredibly tender. Yola’s is basic-you wont’t find anything fancy on the menu, but that is more than fine with me. If you ever find yourself around the Lorimer stop off the L train, I recommend stopping in at Yola’s-you won’t be disappointed!


Address: 524 Metropolitan Ave Brooklyn, NY 11211
Phone: 718-486-0757
Average Price: $3 for tacos/fajitas/tostadas, $8-10 for entrees

No comments:

Post a Comment