Saturday, October 24, 2009

Curry Heaven

Curry Heaven is a new (and welcomed) addition to Williamsburg. The area offers few options for Indian cuisine, all of which are over-priced and poor quality. Still, they manage to stay in business because there frankly weren't any better options-until now. Opening only 3 weeks ago, Curry Heaven is the only all organic Indian restaurant in NYC. Their menu is not online yet, so I opted to to order there and wait. The menu has all of your basic Indian fare with an unusual amount of seafood options, ranging from the more typical fish curry to lobster tikka masala, something I have never seen on an Indian menu. The owners will make anything you want though, so even if you don't see it on the menu, just ask and they will be more than happy to accommodate you! I ordered the chicken curry(7.99) and a mango lassi(2.99), which took less than 10 minutes for them to prepare. While I waited the owner brought me a complimentary basket of Paratha with two dipping sauces that I didn't see on the menu. Super nice of him! I took my food home with me, and was surprised at the large portion size of every single thing I ordered when I opened up the bag.



The mango lassi in particular was huge-they had filled up a whole soup container with it! It was so fresh that I honestly think they may have pureed the mango in the back while I waited-amazing! The chicken curry was decent, but I was hoping it would have had a little bit more spice in it. I'm sure if I had asked they would have been able to do that though, so I don't fault the restaraunt. Otherwise, the flavors were all powerful and amazing-and the chicken was tender and juicy. I have to go back and try more of the entrees, but I was overall very pleased with my experience at Curry Heaven.
Address: 513 Grand St. Brooklyn, NY 11211
Phone: 718-388-3021
Typical Entree Price: $7 for Vegetarian, $9 for Meat
Grade: B

No comments:

Post a Comment