Saturday, October 31, 2009

Trader Joe's Artichoke and Spinach Dip

Let me start off by saying that I love appetizers. If I could eat only appetizers for every meal- I probably would. Sadly though, when I eat out I don't typically order them because of their nasty tendency to drive up the price. When I saw Spinach and Artichoke dip at Trader Joe's ($1.99), one of my favorite appetizers, I was super excited. I got home eager to make it, when I realize that it was microwavable only. At the time, I had no microwave to speak of, so it sat in my freezer for about a month until I was finally able to cook it. I microwaved the dip for 4 minutes, like I was instructed, but when I took it out it was still frozen solid in the center. I put it back in for a minute, only to find the same results. I had to repeat this four more times until it was finally heated through. I had also purchased Trader Joe's multi-grain crackers ($2.00) and after it cooled down, I dipped my cracker in and took a bite- only to be really dissapointed.

The dip was watery and the spinach and artichoke were chopped up so small that I felt like I was eating baby food. I could also really tell that the vegetables were frozen-which I absolutely hate. The cheese was bland, and it was too thin in some parts, and way too thick in others. Gross. I definitely would not recommend this to anyone.
Grade: D

No comments:

Post a Comment